What is Competitor Keyword Analysis and How to Find Them?
Keyword research and analysis in seo is an excellent boost for your Search Engine Optimization strategy. As a result, the perfect way to start this process is to find competitor website keywords. This method helps you to get an insight into what strategies and keywords are working for your competitors to reach the rank in the search engine result pages.
Since there is high competition in this domain, there is an essential need to find the relevant keyword for your website. Finding and placing the appropriate keywords in your content can help you gain high-quality website traffic and convert your leads into sales. As a result, converting their visitor into their customer is what all business owners wish.
Moreover, you can't merely go and find competitor website keywords and incorporate them into your content. It is essential to consider how competitive these keywords are: their monthly search volume, trend and relevancy. Besides, you must consider the benefit you would receive using these keywords. For example, keywords that boost your conversion rates.
In this blog, let us look into
- what is competitor keyword analysis
- Tools to identify and analyze your competitors
- Best way to analyze SERP competitors
- Benefits of competitor analysis
What is Competitor Keyword Analysis?
A competitive Keyword analysis is a method of identifying and evaluating keywords used by your competitors that rank them high in the search engine result pages (SERP). This process will help you to analyze your competitors' strategies closely and guide you to stay focused on your content as per the search intent. As a result, it will help you to gain a business advantage over your competitors and outrank them in the search results. To improve your website's search engine ranking, it's crucial to analyze your competitors backlinks and incorporate them into your own link-building strategy.
As we know, keywords play a crucial role in optimizing your content. Using them properly will help you to define your business to your audience and make them find your business website. Therefore, when you find competitor website keywords, ensure they are relevant to your business niche and suitable for creating content related to your services and products.
There are different ways and methods to find competitor website keywords to help you determine what keywords they use and why they rank high in the search results.
Which Online Tool Can be Used for Competitor Analysis?
Using tools to research and analyze competitor keywords is an effective strategy for evaluating the success of your competitors. It helps you to expand your business marketing strategy. Moreover, you can find out what is best for your business and employ all the opportunities put forward by the market.
- HTML source code of their website: This is an easy and effective tool to find competitor website keywords. So in this method, you must go to your competitor's website and select a web page. When you right-click the web page, you will see a tab that shows 'view page source' or you can do the short key 'CTRL+U'. As a result, you will see the HTML page code of the webpage, and you can look for keywords in the title tags, meta descriptions or alt tags.
- Google Keyword Planner: Google Keyword Planner is an excellent tool for identifying highly searched keywords for your website. All you need to get access to Google Keyword Planner is a Google Account. Then you can log in to Google Ads to discover 'Find new keywords'. As a result, you will find a list of relevant and trending keywords that your competitors use.
- SEMRush: SEMRush is a free keyword tool lists keywords your competitor uses. Moreover, this tool offers you information regarding the ranking of each keyword and top competitors. On top of that, you can view all organic keywords and create a keyword gap analysis.
What are the Best Ways to Analyse Serp Competitors?
Merely researching the keywords will not help you to gain your website traffic. Firstly, you must have an in-depth understanding of search engine results pages and their preference for some websites over others. Secondly, you must know the search intent for your keyword. Avoid these common keyword research mistakes to ensure that your SEO efforts are effective and efficient.
As a result, you can carry out SERP Analysis to examine the keywords in the top-ranking webpages in the search engine results page for relevancy and competition.
How to analyse Search Engine Results Page (SERP)?
- Search your target keyword: In this step, you can look for keywords relevant to your business. You can use keyword research tools to identify and analyse trends and relevant terms with high search volume.
- Understand the Search Intent: After listing the relevant keywords, you can analyse their SERP to comprehend the search intent behind them. As a result, you can create the right content for your website based on the search intent.
- Study your competitor's website: To understand the competition between you and your competitor, it is essential to evaluate your competitor. You can study their content type, page authority, domain authority, and the number of backlinks. Moreover, analyse their keyword difficulty, link profile and citation flow for better content so that we get a chance to rank high on the results page.
- Optimize your content with SERP features: During the SERP analysis, you can look for SERP features like 'Related Searches' to get an idea of what people search in the search engines. As a result, you can create content with the help of these features to rank on the top of the search results page.
- Keep track of the changes in SERP: There would be frequent changes in the SERP, i.e., the ranking and search intent for the keyword. Therefore, ensure you keep track of these changes using proper keyword ranking tools to analyze competitors in SERP. Check out our top tips and tricks to improve Google search ranking to boost your website's visibility in search engine results pages.
What are the Advantages of Competitor Research?
SERP analysis helps you find competitor keywords and understand the gap between your website and competitors. As a result, it will help you to optimize your content and outrank your competitor by getting a high rank on the search engine results page. Conducting a competitor analysis is crucial for businesses to understand their competitors' strengths and weaknesses and develop effective strategies to stay ahead.
- Outrank Your Competitor: The pivotal role of SERP analysis is that it helps you to overtake your competitors. In other words, you can access your competitors' keyword usage, page authority, backlinks, content score, etc. Moreover, SERP analysis will guide you to know the search intent behind the keywords.
- Create the Right Content for Users: With the help of SERP competitor analysis, you can create the right content for your audience by understanding their search intent and analysing the top competitors' work.
- SERP Features to Optimize Your Content: SERP features like Featured Snippets and Related Searches help you examine the keywords' relevancy and search intent. As a result, you can use this opportunity to rank top on the search results page.
- SERP analysis allows you to understand your audience
- Identify keywords with high search volume
- Identify backlinks opportunities for your content
- Study the strategy of top competitors
SERP Competitor analysis is an effective strategy to gain a competitive edge. It helps you get an insight into the working of your rivalries and their techniques, usage of keywords, ranking etc. As a result, you can create relevant content for your audience with proper optimization to rank high on the search engine results page. Besides, you can outrank your competitors by understanding the strategies of SERP. The importance of keyword research is essential for a successful SEO strategy, helping businesses understand their target audience and optimize their website content to rank higher in search engine results pages.
Moreover, many research and analysis tools are at your fingertips to perform SERP Analysis and help you compete with your competitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How to find Keywords on a Competitor's Website?
You can find competitor website keywords with the help of various tools and methods. Some of the top tools for finding keywords on a competitor's website include Google keyword planner, Ahrefs, Spyfu, SEMRush, and the HTML source code of your competitor's website. As a result, you can look for relevant, highly searched keywords. And above all, using these tools guide you to compete with your top competitors and outrank them on the search engine results page.
2) How to Find Competitor Keywords?
There are different SEO strategies and tools to analyze your competitor's keywords. The first and easiest way to find competitor website keywords is from their HTML source code, where you get the keywords in the meta tags, title tags, alt tags, etc. Otherwise, you can use tools like Google keyword planner that help you get a list of relevant keywords used by your competitors.
3) What are the Four Aspects of Competitor Analysis?
The four aspects of Competitor analysis are:
- To understand your competitors
- Analyse the keyword gap between you and your competitor. In other words, compare your content with theirs.
- Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to outrank your competitor
- Optimize your content with relevant keywords
Our Popular Articles